Tuesday, February 7, 2012

China Glaze Electropop 2012

Hello everyone!! So this is my very blog post ever and I am super excited and nervous at the same time!! To quickly introduce myself, as mentioned in my little about me section over there >>>, I’m Monica. I am a recent college graduate and I am so looking forward to finally having the time to start this blog. Ever since I can remember I have had an obsession with nail polish. Recently, in the past year and a half or so, I stumbled upon nail polish blogs and was so glad to learn that there are other people out there that really love nail polish like I do!! Yay! I am totally still learning this blogging shindig but I hope that if you stumble upon my blog, that you enjoy what I have to offer and stick around.
Well, on to the fun stuff. Being that this is my first post, I was really torn as to what my first post should be. I was having a hard time deciding on something passed but classic or something fun and new. Although I am aware that there a so many other swatches of these polishes out there, I decided to go with the China Glaze Electropop polishes that I picked up. These definitely are fun, new, and more importantly I just really loved the colors and quality of the colors I picked up!!
China Glaze - Electropop
Click “more” for my review and bigger pics!
Dance Baby is a really pretty, bubblegum pink creme. The formula was very easy to work with and with a careful hand, it was almost opaque with one coat!! I used two coats with a single layer of Seche Vite on top. Since Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you’re thinking about wearing pink on your nails, I would totally recommend this for something noticeable and girly.
China Glaze - Dance Baby

Kinetic Candy is a pale, pastel, dusty blue creme shade. This also applied beautifully! Here it is with two coats and a single coat of Seche Vite over it.
China Glaze - Kinetic Candy

Electric Beat is a great medium toned blue creme. At times is does tend to look kind of purplish, like a periwinkle, but it definitely is a blue. As with the rest of the colors, it applied just as nice. This is also two coats and a coat of top coat.
China Glaze - Electric Beat

Aquadelic is gorgeous bright, well, aqua creme! I do also very much like Kinetic Candy but once I applied this, I was in love and this is definitely my fave. Many are comparing it to China Glaze For Audrey but they are totally not the same. Aquadelic is a true aqua and is way brighter than For Audrey which leans more blue. As all the others, the application was flawless and I used two coats with a single layer of top coat.
China Glaze - Aquadelic

So just for a quick little comparison of the blues from the Electropop collection and For Audrey… here is a pic with all of them next to each other. My lighting slightly washed out For Audrey (index finger) but you can still tell that its different from Aquadelic (middle finger). Kinetic Candy is on my ring finger and Electric Beat is on my pinky.
China Glaze - Electropop w For Audrey

So that’s it! Overall, I was very pleased with the colors I got and they all applied just so perfectly. I didn’t get the whole collection but it does also carriy two purples, two other pinks, a yellow, a bright green and a really pretty glitter if you want to check those out.

Show my blog some love! Please leave comments and follow/subscribe!!! Oh and stay tuned, I picked up some polishes over the weekend so I will have more posts later this week for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Monica, I love the name of your blog and your nails are absolutely gorgeous! Aquadelic is a big time favorite! Great first post!! xo, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove the colors!! specially the pink one!! ill have to go and get it!! :D im a follower from beauty broadcast....

    ReplyDelete
  3. these colours are sooo pretty! Lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete